“Jake acts across a broad range of contentious matters, with a particular focus on civil fraud and sports-related disputes“
Jake is an associate at Cooke, Young & Keidan. He regularly advises clients in relation to disputes concerning breach of contract, professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and fraud. Jake has acted for high net worth individuals, state-owned entities and listed multinational corporations.
Jake is a co-founder of Cooke, Young & Keidan’s sports practice.
Jake previously worked at Schillings, a law firm specialising in reputation management and dispute resolution. During his time at Schillings, Jake acted for high profile corporations and ultra-high net worth individuals on matters relating to defamation and the misuse of private information. Jake completed his training contract at Howard Kennedy.
Jake read philosophy at the University of Leeds, before completing his GDL and LPC at BPP University (London).
Publications, Articles, Seminars
- ‘Going Nuclear: Freezing Orders in Practice’, co-author, Thomson Reuters PLC Magazine, June 2019
- 2019 L McNeely and J Calvert “Are the assets of State-owned enterprises immune from the enforcement of arbitral awards?” The Barrister (Online, February 2019)
- British Association of Sports Law
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- UK Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Commercial Litigation Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
Cases of Note
Acting against a major bank in relation to claims for the misselling of derivative products.
Acting on behalf of a listed overseas commodities and investment company in relation to its challenge brought under s. 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996 regarding a high value international shareholders’ dispute, derivative action and fraud claim brought under the UNCITRAL arbitration rules.
Successfully obtaining and executing an ex parte search order and passport order against a former employee of a global business suspected of misappropriating confidential business information and personal data.
Advising a global corporate in relation to high value claims resulting from FX manipulation in emerging market currencies.