“Peter is an Associate and Employed Barrister with experience across a broad spectrum of commercial disputes, including commercial fraud, investor-treaty arbitration and tax litigation.”
Peter joined Cooke, Young & Keidan from Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP, a multidisciplinary partnership at which he undertook a twelve month pupillage and practised for six months on qualification. During that time, Peter gained substantial experience in acting for multinationals and high-net-worth individuals in tax and commercial disputes. Peter has particular experience of group litigation having acted for the claimants in two large tax Group Litigation Orders for recovery of historical overpaid tax and interest thereon. Additionally, Peter has represented clients in litigation in the English High Court and arbitration proceedings under ICC and ICSID rules.
- 2015. University College London – LLM in International Commercial Litigation (Distinction)
- 2014. Kaplan Law School – Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent)
- 2014. The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple – Queen Mother Scholar
- 2013. College of Law – Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
- 2012. Somerville College, University of Oxford – BA Modern Languages – Pope Exhibition
Peter is a member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple and LCIA Young International Arbitration Group.
Publications, articles and seminars
‘AG Opinion in Mercedes-Benz: VAT on Leasing contracts with Option to Purchase‘ – Tax Journal, 23 June 2017
‘Six Continents: Cross Border Dividend Tax‘ – Tax Journal, 20 October 2016
‘Fault in the Wound: Section 69 Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013‘ – Personal Injury Litigation Journal December 2015 – January 2016
‘Tax Litigation Disputes and Review 2015‘ – Contributed to the editing of this practitioner text
- French (fluent)
- Spanish (conversational)
- Italian (conversational)