We understand complex finance and technology.
The different types of cryptocurrencies and other digital assets are expanding rapidly, as is the landscape for financial products and services which integrate distributed ledger technology.
We are ideally placed to assist in complex crypto and digital assets disputes and regulatory issues. We regularly act for both crypto-businesses and high-net-worth individuals to enforce rights and contractual agreements in relation to crypto-assets and blockchain technology.
Our team is able to assist with a broad range of crypto and digital asset disputes including:
- Asset-tracing for victims of crypto asset thefts, frauds and scams, including freezing injunctions and disclosure orders against UK and overseas crypto-exchanges. For more information, see our fraud and asset recovery page.
- Digital asset-backed lending and trading disputes, including margin and collateral calls, enforcement of security and close-outs
- Decentralised finance (or “DeFi”) claims and related smart contract and flash loan disputes
- Crypto-derivative claims including claims for the mis-selling of crypto-derivatives
- Shareholder and consultancy disputes in relation to crypto businesses
- Insolvency of crypto exchanges and claims arising from them
In addition to our contentious experience, our team has significant experience in advising crypto business on UK regulatory issues. The regulatory landscape is fast moving and requires a global, forward-looking outlook. We represent clients who are subject to FCA enquiries and investigations in relation to crypto activities, as well as advising exchanges, coin issuers and other businesses on the application of UK regulatory requirements to particular cryptoasset products and services. For more information, see our financial services regulatory page.
Our lawyers are leaders in their field in finance and technology. We provide an agile, partner-led service with innovative thinking and solutions.