Our lawyers are recognised for their ability to handle substantial multi-jurisdictional and domestic commercial fraud claims, and we are used to having to act quickly and creatively to protect our clients’ interests. We act for both claimants and defendants and are experienced in managing and co-ordinating related proceedings across borders.
Our areas of expertise include:
- asset tracing
- breach of fiduciary duty
- breach of trust
- the legal and regulatory implications of money-laundering, bribery and corruption.
We act to obtain and challenge injunctions, including worldwide freezing injunctions and search orders. We have experience in acting successfully in cases involving breach of trust and cross-border asset tracing, as well as in “trust-busting” litigation. Cutting edge solutions for uncovering information and tracking money are sometimes required and employed, including the innovative use of technology.
Our lawyers often work alongside foreign lawyers, forensic accountants and investigators to achieve the desired end result for our clients, who include leading corporate and financial services firms and high-net-worth individuals.
We are also able to assist with fraud-related matters including:
- Trade finance: non-existent goods and forged documents.
- Commodities and shipping: false bills of lading, warehouse receipts and other documents; missing cargo.
- Insurance: fraudulent claims and recovery of payments through deception.
- Mergers and acquisitions: misrepresentation; false accounting; share frauds.