“Kajal is a Senior Associate who specialises in high–value, complex commercial dispute resolution work (litigation and arbitration) for both domestic and international clients. Her experience encompasses civil fraud, banking and finance, partnership and shareholder disputes and technology disputes.”
Tel: +44(0) 20 7148 7406
|Connect on LinkedIn|
Some of the notable cases on which Kajal has worked include ground-breaking litigation relating to the mis-selling of financial products and benchmark manipulation, advising the UK subsidiary of an international software development company in a complex, multi-million-pound dispute in the Technology and Construction Court and acting for a fund manager in relation to high value Commercial Court fraud proceedings associated with the investment of Libyan government funds into complex structured products.
She also frequently represents clients in mediation and other forms of ADR.
Kajal’s clients include high-net-worth individuals, large multinationals, UK SMEs and hedge funds.
Kajal was nominated for the prestigious “Young Lawyer of the Year” award at the 2014 annual Lawnet awards, reflecting her hard work, considered advice and client feedback
Kajal studied Law at King’s College, London where she graduated with a First Class LLB (Hons). Following this, Kajal went on to study the Legal Practice Course at BPP, Holborn where she was awarded a Distinction and undertook her training at a highly regarded regional West London firm qualifying into the litigation department of that firm in October 2013.
In parallel with her studies, Kajal undertook pro-bono work which included advising prison inmates at a high-security facility on various civil issues, through the “Streetlaw” project. More recently she spearheaded an initiative in West London to allow young professionals the opportunity to network with their peers.
Kajal is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, the Junior Lawyers’ Division, the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), the Young Fraud Lawyers’ Association and the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association.
“Art Fraud: Past, Present and Future” – speaker, International Association of Young Lawyers seminar, London, October 2018
“Global Dispute Resolution and the International Chambers” – speaker, 56th annual International Association of Young Lawyers’ congress, Brussels, September 2018
- Gujarati (to an intermediate level)
- German (to a basic level)
Cases of Note
- Acting for a number of UK based property developers in relation to financial product mis-selling, complex derivatives, structured products and LIBOR fixing (including the high profile case of Property Alliance Group v RBS, which generated a significant number of reported judgments as well as considerable media interest).
- Advising the CEO of an international beer brewery in relation to a complex international share swap transaction.
- Day-to-day management of a complex multi-party product liability dispute involving cross-border supply and distribution agreements.
- Advising the directors of a private limited company in an investigation initiated by the Insolvency Service in relation to fiduciary and directors’ duties.
- Advising a leading asset management company in the renewable energy sector in relation to the potential misappropriation of goods and non-payment of the same.
- Acting for the UK subsidiary of an international software development company in a complex, multi-million pound dispute in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Defending an unfair prejudice petition on behalf of the majority shareholders and directors of a service company for an online pharmacy.
- Advising a highly skilled FX trader in relation to regulatory and legal issues arising out of his operation of investment of funds by third parties for defined returns resulting from FX trading.
- Defending a fund manager in high value, complex Commercial Court proceedings in claims made against him for dishonest assistance, bribery and conspiracy relating to fees associated with the investment of funds owned by a Libyan sovereign wealth entity into complex structured products and alternative investments.
- Advising the Governors of a public education institution in relation to claims made by a UK bank arising out of derivative products entered into.
- Advising a global corporate in relation to high value claims resulting from FX manipulation in emerging market currencies.